Courtesy of Chef Zak Pelaccio of Fatty Crab.
About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||Seriously Malaysian: Starters and Desserts|
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 onion, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Belacan
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or fish stock, depending on what type of protein the dish is to compliment.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove or garlic, minced
Heat the oil to 350°F and fry the dried shrimp until golden and crispy. Use something heat proof with holes to remove the shrimp from the oil and drain on a table. Once the shrimp have cooled, mince them.