Read more about Cook This, Not That here.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
About This Recipe
- 4 large whole what pitas
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 box (16 ounces) chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) roasted green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cut the pitas into 6 to 8 wedges and separate the layers. Spread on 2 baking sheets and bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until crisp.
Heat the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the artichokes, spinach, chiles, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the pita wedges.