- 1 pound beef round
- 1 pound oxtail cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of toasted rice, finely ground
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons atsuete oil (annatto oil)
- 4 eggplants, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 bundle of pechay (bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut to 2-inch long pieces
- 1 piece of banana bud, cut similar to eggplant slices. Blanch in boiling water.
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 8 cups of water
- Salt to taste
Boil beef and oxtail in water for 1 hour or until cooked. Strain and set aside the stock.
In a large pan or wok, heat the oil and atsuete oil.
Sautée the onion and garlic until golden. Add the stock, toasted rice, beef, oxtail and peanut butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
Serve with bagoong on the side and hot plain rice. Enjoy!