Brought to the Serious Eats Cookie Swap 2009 by intern alum Grace Kang.
Espresso Chocochoco Chip Cookies
About This Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the espresso in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and another tablespoon of the espresso in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the centers of the cookies look slightly underdone. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.