Read more about this cookie-making experiment here.
Best Guess Bouchon Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
About This Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (55%) cut into small chunks
- 3 ounces semi-sweet (70-72%) chocolate chips
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat the butter with the molasses until combined. Add the dark brown sugar and the granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks and chips.
Divide the dough into 12 to 14 balls and place them on the baking sheet spacing them 3 inches apart. (Depending on the size of your baking sheet and your oven, you may need to bake the cookies in two batches.) Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes until they are golden and just set in the middle.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then remove them and cool completely on a wire rack.