- 1/4 cup rendered beef fat, melted
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, grated on microplane grater or pressed through garlic press
- 1 tablespoon water, plus more to correct consistency
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine beef fat and canola oil in 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
Add egg yolks, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, and water to bowl of food processor. Run processor for 5 seconds to combine. Scrape down sides of processor bowl with rubber spatula. With processor running, slowly drizzle fat into bowl in a thin, steady stream, stopping and scraping down sides as necessary. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and adjust consistency with water until thick, smooth, and creamy, but not mouth-coatingly waxy. Store in refrigerator in air-tight container for up to two weeks.