- 3/4 cup rendered bacon fat, melted
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water, plus more to correct consistency
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely sliced (optional)
Combine bacon fat and canola oil in 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Whisk to combine.
Add egg yolks, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and water to bowl of food processor. Run processor for 5 seconds to combine. Scrape down sides of processor bowl with rubber spatula. With processor running, slowly drizzle fat into bowl in a thin, steady stream, stopping and scraping down sides as necessary. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and adjust consistency with water until thick, smooth, and creamy, but not mouth-coatingly waxy. Stir in cumbled bacon bits and sliced scallions, if using. Store in refrigerator in air-tight container for up to two weeks.