About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||Memorial Day Menus|
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons grated Monterey Jack
- 2 tablespoons grated Colby
- 1 thick slice mozzarella, quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Preheat the broiler or a charcoal or gas grill to medium high.
Combine the ground meat, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and the grated cheeses, mixing with your hands so that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Form 8 very thin patties of equal size. Top 4 of the patties with the mozzarella pieces and top those with the other 4 patties.
Press the edges to seal in the mozzarella, then lightly spray the burgers with cooking spray. Grill the burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes each side.