Stir-Fried Turkey with Green Beans
About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||This Week in Recipes A Guide to Leftover Thanksgiving Recipes|
- 1 pound turkey leftovers
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium-size cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 3 lengthwise slices fresh ginger (1 1/2 inches long, 1 inch wid, and 1/8 inch thick) cut into matchstick strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Toss the turkey with curry powder a medium-size bowl.
Drain the potato and pat it dry with paper towels.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and potato, and stir-fry until the vegetables are light brown around the edges, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add the turkey and stir fry for a couple minutes.
Pour in 1 cup water, sprinkle with the slat, and scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze it. Stir in the green beans and heat the curry to a boil. then lower the heat to medium, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potato is fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Stir this mixture into the curry. You will see the starchy magic at work as it thickens the sauce almost instantaneously.
Sprinkle the cilantro over the curry, and serve.