- Yield:4 servings
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs, preferably panko
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic doves, minced
- 4 onion hamburger rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves. washed and dried
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 cucumber slices (optional)
- 4 thin slices red onion (optional)
With your hands or a wooden spoon, mix the lamb, olives, bread crumbs, onion, scallions, salt, pepper, oregano, and feta until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape the meat mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Preheat a grill or a grill pan. Grill the meat patties over medium-hot coals or pan-grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side. The burgers should no longer be pink in the center.
For the garlic sauce: While the burgers cook, stir together the yogurt and garlic.
Place each burger on the bottom of a roll, spoon on a little garlic sauce, and top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber and onion, if using. Cover with the top half of the roll and serve.