- Yield:4 serious eaters
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh-flat parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions, white and green parts
Melt the butter in a large (10" or 12") saute pan. Add the potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally with a flat spatula, until the potatoes are evenly browned and cooked through. Allow the potatoes to cook for a minimum of six minutes (until they are least golden brown) before turning.
Turn off the heat and add the parsley and scallions.