- 12 ounces Pecorino Toscano or aged cheddar cheese
- 4 ripe Bosc pears, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mild white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, break cheese into irregular chunks 1/2-inch in size.
Place cheese, pear slices, basil leaves, oil, vinegar, and salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with pepper and more salt if needed. Serve at once.