- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 small shot of rye whiskey
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon plum or raspberry jam
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Chopped almonds or walnuts
Cream oil, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
In a medium bowl stir together whiskey, honey, jam, coffee and walnuts.
In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Then stir in grated orange zest.
Alternate stirring flour mixture and coffee mixture to the creamed oil, sugar and eggs to create a smooth batter.
Line a 10 x 15-inch pan with a trimmed brown paper bag and lightly oil the bag. Pour batter into the dish and sprinkle the top lightly with chopped walnuts or sliced almonds.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.