Baked Peppadews Stuffed Two Ways
About This Recipe
- 8 Peppadew peppers, drained and lightly patted dry
- 4 ounces fresh chèvre, divided
- 1 black Cerignola olive, pit removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, chopped (measure before chopping)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 ounce Armenian string cheese with nigella seeds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Divide chèvre in half, place each half in a separate bowl.
To the first bowl, add the olive, pine nuts, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
To the second bowl, add the chopped string cheese, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and salt (go very easy here; the string cheese is quite salty) and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Fill four peppers with the first mixture, and the remaining with the second. A pastry bag would be useful here.
Place peppers in a small baking dish that will hold them more or less upright. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Bake for 8 minutes, until cheese looks melty but not liquid.
Let cool slightly before serving.