Today's Cook the Book recipe, excerpted from Margaritas, Mojitos, & More, is for a simple piña colada that uses only the freshest ingredients. While the recipe yields only one drink, it's easy to multiply. Whip up a batch this weekend and serve with your favorite chips and guacamole.
Win 'Margaritas, Mojitos, and More'
- Yield:1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 wedge pineapple, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 orange slice, for garnish
Pour the pineapple juice, rum, cream of coconut, and heavy cream into a blender. Add the ice. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Pour into a chilled festive cocktail glass. Spear the fruit together with a toothpick. Garnish with the fruit spear.