- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 Asian eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 2 medium red onions, quartered
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes (12 to 16)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high.
Place the zucchini, yellow squash, eggplants, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a large, shallow pan or baking dish, add 1/2 cup of the olive oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables for 5 to 6 minutes with the grill uncovered, turning halfway through the cooking time. Remove the tomatoes, cover the grill, and cook the remaining vegetables until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Put the tomatoes in a large bowl.
Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and chop coarsely. Combine them with the tomatoes, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, oregano, and parsely, and add salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.