The following recipe is from the July 24th edition of our weekly recipe newsletter. To receive this newsletter in your inbox, sign up here!
This recipe for Avocado Mousse and Shrimp on Tortilla Chips, from Summer on a Plate by Anna Pump, is the perfect hors d’oeuvre for any outdoor party. To serve it as a first course, simply divide the chips, mousse, and shrimp among small plates.
Avocado Mousse and Shrimp on Tortilla Chips
About This Recipe
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch cilantro, for garnish
- One 7-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp (about 30 shrimp)
Combine the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, avocado, salt, jalapeño, and onion in a food processor and process until completely smooth.
Whip the cream until soft peaks hold. Fold the avocado purée into the cream.
Line a serving plate with cilantro. Heap each chip with a teaspoon of mousse, then top each with a shrimp and place on a serving plate.