- Yield:14 to 16
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, finely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, halved and thiny sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium firm red apples, cored and chopped
Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, salt, black pepper, orange zest, and thyme in a bowl. Whisk to make a dressing.
When the sweet potatoes are cooled, peel them and cut in half length-wise and then into 1/4-inch slices. Put the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the onions, bell pepper, and apples.
Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.