by Barbara Hanson
A to Z Chicken Cutlets
About This Recipe
- 4 chicken cutlets (about1½ pounds total)
- 1 six-ounce box falafel mix
- 1-2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper
- 1 tablespoon za’atar spice blend
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
- olive oil (not virgin), for sautéing
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
Blend falafel mix, Aleppo, za’atar, and salt on a flat plate.
Pat chicken dry, if necessary, dip in egg, allowing excess to drip off.
Dredge cutlets in falafel-spice blend. Refrigerate for a few minutes to allow coating to adhere.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add cutlets without crowding (you may need to do this in two batches). Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and crispy. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: While this can be served with Middle Eastern side dishes, I really like it with Yukon golds mashed with garlic, and cumin-glazed carrots.