- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped, tightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 anchovy fillet, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 rosemary branches, leaves removed, or metal skewers
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated and torn into large pieces
Press 3 1/2 garlic cloves in a garlic press. In a large bowl, combine pressed garlic, lamb, rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and cracked pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
To make the salsa verde: Press the remaining 1/2 garlic clove in garlic press. In a medium bowl, combine pressed garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, parsley, mint, feta, 4 teaspoons lemon juice, capers, anchovy, marjoram, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Prepare grill. Skewer lamb on rosemary branches or metal skewers; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill lamb 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss radicchio with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, scatter over a platter.
Place lamb over radicchio, and spoon salsa verde over top.