- Yield:4 servings
- 1/2 pound applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for serving
- Maple syrup
Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, drain on paper towels, and crumble.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until blended. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, add to the flour mixture, and stir until batter is just blended. Stir in the apples and bacon.
Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.