The following recipe is from the March 26 edition of our weekly recipe newsletter. To receive this newsletter in your inbox, sign up here!
In her cookbook Nigella Express, Nigella Lawson teaches you how to make dishes that are easy to assemble and cook. Her recipe for lamb, olive, and caramelized onion tagine may sound like something you'd order at a restaurant, but it only requires the ability to put all the ingredients in a pan, bring it to a boil, and cook it in an oven for two hours.
- Yield:6 to 8
- 2 1/4 pounds diced leg of lamb
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves
- 12 ounces pitted black olives in brine, 5 ounces drained weight to give 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions from a jar
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 750ml bottle red wine
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Put all of the ingredients into a casserole or heavy-bottomed pan, pouring the wine last and giving everything a good stir.
Bring the pan to a boil, then clamp on the lid and put into the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is very tender.