Finding good brunch dishes when you're trying to watch your weight is not easy, so I was thrilled to come across this delicious scrambled egg recipe in The Breakaway Cook, by Eric Gower. Once I added in an ounce of grated sharp cheddar as a flavor intensifier these eggs totally rocked.
Fluffy, Herby Eggs
Sunday Brunch: Fluffy, Herby Scrambled Eggs
About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||Mother's Day Brunch Ideas|
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- Generous pinch of kosher salt or fleur de sel
- Generous pinch of freshly ground black peppter
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 heaping tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced chive
- 2 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
Melt the butter in a small nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the shallot, salt, and pepper and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, stir, and cook for about a minute. Add the yogurt.
Stir up the eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon and continue to cook until barely set, 2 to 3 minutes. If you like your eggs custardy take the pan off the burner every thirty seconds. Keep if off for thirty seconds before you return it to the heat. Add the cheese and the chopped chives and fold in gently. Transfer to a warm plate to keep the eggs hot.