- Yield:about 2 pounds of cookies
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, bitter
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Zest of 4 oranges
Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and dust cookie sheet.
Place whites in the bowl of an electric mixer; whip to soft peak. Add sugar steadily, and beat 2 minutes. Stop machine; add flour, vanilla, amaretto, and cocoa powder. Mix 1 minute, and stop machine. Stir in nuts quickly; place 2-inch blobs on cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes until crisp. Remove and let cool.