Here's an extra recipe for guacamole from this week's Cook the Book, Techniques of Healthy Cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds / 680 grams avocados (4 ripe)
- 1 ounce / 30 grams minced scallions
- 2 teaspoon /10 mL minced garlic
- 1/4 cup / 60 mL fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon / 5 mL kosher salt
1. Mash the avocados to a chunky consistency with a fork. Add the scallions, garlic, juice, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt. Stir to blend.
Note: Use a fork to mash the avocados to a chunky consistency; food processors and blenders will make the mixture too smooth.