- Yield:4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups whole-grain corn cereal such as Corn Chex or corn flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Honey-Mustard Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish. turning the chicken to coat it with the buttermilk. Cover and chill for 15 minutes. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
Put the cereal in a sealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Transfer the crumbs to a shallow dish and season them with the salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in the cereal to fully coat and arrange on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Leave the chicken on the baking sheets to cool slightly. It will become crispier.
Serve with the mustard sauce on the side.
This sauce also makes an incredible sandwich spread. It will keep about a week in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl. stir together the mustard and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the honey.