- 2 small heads cauliflower (about 3 pounds total), cut into 1-inch florets
- 12 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (1 orange)
- 1/4 cup homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock, or water
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (about 5 slices), coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole or an 8-inch-square baking dish; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower; cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Whisk together 8 ounces goat cheese and the orange juice, stock, thyme, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Toss in the cauliflower and prosciutto. Spoon into the buttered dish. Top with the remaining 4 ounces goat cheese.
Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil; bake until bubbling and just golden, about 30 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving.