- Yield:6 servings
- 2 bunches of broccoli (about 5 pounds), trimmed and chopped, including peeled stems
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Crème Fraîche
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butler
Chop the broccoli, leaving 8 small florets whole, and drop the chopped broccoli and whole florets into 4 quarts of boiling salted water. Cook until just tender, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the broccoli, reserving 8 florets, to a food processor. Add the crème fraîche and puree thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Scrape the puree into a bowl and stir in the sour cream, Parmigiano-Reggiano, nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Mix well.
Mound in an ovenproof serving dish, dot with the butter. and bake until the purée is steaming hot, 25 minutes.
Garnish with the reserved florets and serve immediately.