- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Finely ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
Place the pumpkin puree in a medium bowl. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork and stir them into the pumpkin with a wooden spoon or spatula. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the puree mixture, along with the grated cheese, the parsley, and a pinch of black pepper. Use the wooden spoon or a fork to combine all the ingredients into a light batter; be careful not to overmix it.
Heat 1/2 inch olive oil in a heavy saute pan. Drop heaping tablespoons of the batter into the oil, flattening them slightly and turning them when they are golden brown. Fry in batches, cooking for about 2 minutes per side.
Drain the fritters on paper towels and serve hot.