- Yield:about 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled fresh ginger (from about 2-ounce piece)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 large firm Bosc pears (about 18 ounces total), peeled, cored, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
Combine apple cider vinegar, onion, ginger, lemon peel, orange peel, cinnamon stick pieces, crushed red pepper, and ground cloves in heavy large saucepan. Boil mixture until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Add cranberries, brown sugar, and pears; stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until pears are very tender, berries collapse, and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick pieces. Using potato masher, mash mixture coarsely. Transfer chutney to bowl and cool.
Do ahead: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.