With its striking red and green color, make sure to serve this salad on a white plate for best effect.
Cook the Book: Beetroot, Red Onion, Red Cabbage, Crème Fraîche, and Chervil
About This Recipe
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 raw red cabbage with its core cut out, very finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled, cut in half from top to bottom and finely sliced
- 6 healthy dollops of crème fraîche
- 2 healthy bunches of chervil, picked
- Healthy splashes of extra virgin olive oil
- A little gesture of balsamic vinegar
- A small handful of extra-fine capers
- Sea salt and black pepper
Mix everything together for the dressing. Toss all your raw red vegetables in the dressing, then on six plates place a bushel of this red mixture. Next to this, nustle your blob of crème fraîche as if the two ingredients were good friends, not on top of each other as if they were lovers. Finally a clump of the chervil rested next to the other ingredients in the friendly fashion.
A very striking salad ready for the eater to mess up.