- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups frozen baby peas
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 pound linguine (or other pasta)
- 1 cup chopped fresh sausage (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
Add 3 cups of peas to the onion-garlic mixture, stir, and add the lemon juice. Continue to cook for 10 minutes, until the peas are thoroughly warmed.
Add the chicken stock; bring to a boil. Turn off heat, transfer mixture to a blender (in batches, if needed), and pulse until coarsely puréed. Add the mint and purée. Return the purée to the pan and keep warm over low heat.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. While pasta cooks, sauté the sausage in a separate small pan until crisped at the edges and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain cooked pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Thoroughly mix in the sauce. Taste for salt, and top with the sausage and cheese.