Today's featured recipe from Cucina del Sole is for deep-fried zucchini blossoms. If you grow your own zucchini, you should have no problem procuring blossoms. If not, check at a farmers' market.
Cook the Book: Deep-Fried Zucchini Blossoms
About This Recipe
- 40 fresh zucchini blossoms
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely minced flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for deep-fat frying
Rinse the blossoms carefully, leaving the stems attached, and gently shake them dry.
Put the flour in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Use a fork or wire whisk to beat in tepid water, a little at a time, until you have a batter that is about the consistency of heavy whipping cream. Add parsley to the batter if you wish.
Serve immediately, while still hot, sprinkling the blossoms with more salt if necessary.