- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small habanera chile, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 1/2 cup minced bell pepper (multicolored peppers create a nice contrast)
- Kosher salt
- 3 ears of corn, kernels sliced from the cob with a knife
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, habanero, and bell pepper. Salt liberally, and sauté for 3 minutes, until everything softens. Add the corn kernels; cook for another 3 minutes. The corn should be hot but not browned. Turn off heat.
Add the vinegar, maple syrup, and lime zest and juice; stir. Taste for salt; transfer to a warm serving bowl. Top with the chives and cilantro.