Serious Eats Internship Application
So you want to be an intern? You're in the right place. Here's what you need to know!
- Collaborating with our team of digital editors to assist with research, photography, and production of feature stories
- Pitching and writing posts for the site
- Curating and building roundups and recipe collections in the Serious Eats content management system (CMS)
- Participating in taste tests and various eating-related activities
Applicants should have experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Strong research, organizational, and writing skills
- A demonstrated interest in media and/or the food industry
- Food writing and/or journalism experience
- Comfort and ability with a DSLR camera and basic blogging platforms
- Familiarity with photo editing software and basic HTML
- A willingness to take on projects wholeheartedly, no matter how bizarre or delicious
Applications received after these deadlines will be considered for the following semester. Due to the high volume of applicants, we cannot reply to everyone individually.
- Spring semester: December 1
- Summer semester: April 20
- Fall semester: August 1
The Nitty Gritty
- Interns work out of our New York City offices. Unfortunately, we do not currently accept applications for remote internships
- Interns work for approximately 14-21 hours a week, between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Most come in for 2-3 full days a week, but we are open to accommodating adjusted schedules that fall within our office hours (i.e. no weekends or evenings)
- Interns should be willing and able to commit to 4-5 months during the spring and fall semesters, and 2-3 months during the summer
- Intern applicants do not need to be enrolled in school, but we are happy to work with institutions that provide academic credit for internships
- Internships are unpaid
Ready to apply? Just fill out the form and you're good to go!