Every month, the Serious Eats team is on the hunt for the best sips—alcoholic and booze-free—to share with all of you (and to enjoy for ourselves!). This month we went off-menu at Mister Softee (if you haven't yet tried asking for them to add a fresh banana to your vanilla shake, you're welcome), sampled vibrant magenta prickly pear wine, and cut through the late-summer heat with Suze, a tasty French apéritif. Head over to the slideshow to see the best drinks we drank in August!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More