When you were a kid, you probably tried making breakfast in bed for mom at least once. Sure, the pancakes were a little burnt and the coffee may have had some grounds floating around, but she showed her delight all the same. And after the meal was over and the thank you hugs and kisses dispensed, she graciously helped you clean up that big mound of flour you spilled all over the floor.
As a Serious Eats reader, you've likely picked up some kitchen know-how since then and are more than equipped to deliver a knockout Mother's Day brunch. To that end, we've collected 23 of our favorite spring-friendly recipes to make on mom's big day. From an asparagus and goat cheese frittata to a strawberry Danish, you can see them all in the slideshow, or just jump straight to one of the recipes below!
- Baked Eggs With Mushrooms, Cheddar, and Ham
- Puffy Ramp Frittata
- Skillet Spring Frittata with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict With Dill Hollandaise
- Foolproof Poached Eggs
- Crispy Potato, Chorizo, and Green Chili Hash With Avocado and Eggs
- Mushrooms, Bacon, and Asparagus Topped With Eggs
- Potato, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Easy Kale Quiche
Pancakes, Waffles, and Crêpes
- Bacon, Cheese, and Scallion Waffles
- Maple Pecan Crêpes
- Perfect Quick-and-Easy French Toast
- Carrot Cake Pancakes With Sweet Orange Cream
- Rye Pancakes With Apple-Maple Compote
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes with Maple Roast Rhubarb
Pastries and More!