8 Vegetarian Stews We Love
Bad news, everyone: the polar vortex is coming back. With much of the country preparing for another round of frigid weather, now is as good a time as ever to stock up on recipes for hot, hearty stews. We've already rounded up some of our favorites, but we want our vegetarian and vegan readers to stay warm, too. Check out eight of our favorite meatless stews below, or see them all the in slideshow.
- The Best Vegetarian Bean Chili
- Vegan Sweet Potato and Two Bean Chili With Hominy
- Soondubu Jjigae (Korean Soft Tofu Stew)
- Provencal Lentil Zucchini Soup
- Mushroom and Root Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
- Chickpea, Potato, and Spinach Jalfrezi with Cilantro Chutney
- Curried Lentil Soup With Savory Sweet Potato Fritters
- Vegan Black Bean and Squash Chili
About the author: Rabi Abonour is an editorial intern at Serious Eats. A Midwest native, he's taken up the challenge of exploring New York one bite at a time. You can find him on his blog, Twitter, and Instagram.