January is a tricky month: for some, it's detox time after a hearty holiday eating season, but for many, it's still really freaking cold outside —think stew weather, not salad. For most of our staffers, January was a month like any else: filled with delicious bites from all corners of the globe, from Iberico carpaccio in the fabled ham's homeland in Spain, to a life-changing English muffin at a neighborhood favorite in Napa. Click through to see all of our picks, and tell us what your best bite was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique