A Hamburger Today
Snapshots from Hong Kong: My 10 Favorite Bites
Many of the best things I ate in 2013 were in Hong Kong. And that is why, as the new year begins, I'm reflecting on a trip I took...almost a year ago.
Considering that this list is culled from just a week of limited eating throughout Hong Kong, I know it's missing roughly a hundred gajillion of the best dishes Hong Kong has to offer. Please share your favorite dishes in the comments!
Dessert more your thing? Check out my favorite sweets in Hong Kong!
- Roast goose leg and char siu from Yat Lok
- Fried egg sandwich from Hokkaido Dairy Farm Milk Restaurant
- Gold coin chicken from Manor Restaurant
- Salted egg yolk-coated long beans and minced pork from Ngau Kee
- Triple-sauced rice noodle rolls
- Shrimp wonton noodle soup from Mak's Noodle
- Pork chop pineapple bun from Tai Lei Loi Kei
- Deep fried lotus root and fish cake patties from Tim Ho Wan
- Fried Fish Skin from Sun King Kee Noodle
About the author: Robyn Lee is the editor of A Hamburger Today and takes many of the photos for Serious Eats. She'll also doodle cute stuff when necessary. Read more from Robyn at her personal food blog, The Girl Who Ate Everything.