Guacamole is a staple party food that's practically mandatory at game day gatherings. We've been to a fair number of fêtes where a sad, browning tub of store-bought guac languishes amidst the celebration spread. There are really few excuses for not making your own—it's almost as easy as buying it pre-made and tastes infinitely better. While a classic guacamole studded with lime, cilantro, and chiles is great as both a condiment and a dip, you can also think of it as a base for any number of inventive and out-of-the-ordinary flavor combinations. This roundup starts off with our basic recipe, followed by a dozen transformative variations. See them all in the slideshow or jump to your favorite from the list below.
Before you get started, make sure you check out our guide to making great guacamole.
Get the Recipes!
- The Best Basic Guacamole
- Chipotle-Orange Guacamole with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Guacamole with Sriracha
- Guacamole with Fermented Chili Bean Paste
- Guacamole with Old Bay and Crab
- Guacamole with Jicama and Mango
- Guacamole with Lots of Tomato
- Guacamole with Roasted Tomatillos
- Guacamole with Charred Corn, Black Beans, and Scallions
- Guacamole with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- Guacamole with Edamame and Sesame
- Guacamole with Roasted Garlic
- Guasacaca (Avocado Salsa)