Walking through the supermarket, you find yourself at the snack aisle. Maybe you've got friends coming over to watch a game next weekend, or maybe you just need something to keep you company on your next Netflix binge. Either way, you pick up a bag of tortilla chips and a jar of salsa before making your way to the register.
It seems so easy to just buy salsa, but you're robbing yourself of the superior flavors of the homemade version. Do yourself a favor and trade the jar for one of the 12 recipes in the list below, or see them all in the slideshow »
Get the Recipes!
- Classic Pico de Gallo
- Ancho-Chipotle Salsa with Chocolate and Fried Almonds
- Charred Tomatillo and Yellow Pepper Salsa
- Walnut-Habanero Salsa with Roasted Garlic and Orange
- Grilled Bloody Mary Salsa
- Peach Salsa with Pickled Red Onions and Serrano Chiles
- Orange-Tomatillo Salsa
- Ancho-Raisin Sauce
- Basic Salsa Verde (Mexican Tomatillo Salsa)
- Ají (Colombian-Style Tomato and Onion Salsa)
- Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Hot Salsa Verde