Seriously Seeking Spring Editorial Interns
like love food? Have strong writing skills? Live in New York City or within commuting distance? Want to work in an unpredictable but always-exciting office where you'll be part of the action from day one? Feel good about eating sandwiches and ice cream all day long? If so, a Serious Eats internship might be for you!
We're looking for spring editorial interns to start in January, 2014 and work through May. Internships are unpaid and generally consist of 2-3 days per week, from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Working with digital editors to assist with research, photography, and writing of web features
- Pitching and writing various posts for the Serious Eats networks [National, NY, Chicago, Drinks, Sweets]
- Curating and building 'This Week' recaps, event listing guides, and recipe collections in the Serious Eats content management system (CMS)
- Attending and providing coverage of various NYC-area food events
- Building NearMe database for restaurant listings around the world
- Participating in taste-tests and various eating-related activities
Applicants are encouraged to have:
- A demonstrated interest in media and/or the food industry
- Food writing and/or journalism experience
- Comfort and ability with a DSLR camera and basic blogging platforms
- Strong research, organizational and writing skills
- Familiarity with photo editing software and basic HTML
- A willingness to take on projects wholeheartedly, no matter how bizarre or delicious
If you're interested, send a cover letter to email@example.com. In your e-mail, be sure to tell us why you're interested in a Serious Eats internship and include a short writing sample, ideally food-related. Also include the days and hours that you'd be available to work, a resume, and any recent food photographs you've taken (no Instagram, please).
Please do not apply if you are unable to work out of our NYC offices.