Being a vegetarian at the Thanksgiving table isn't easy. Most of the time, you're limited to salads, sautéed vegetables, and cranberry sauce. But what about the entrées? Don't we all deserve the chance to stuff ourselves and wake up filled with regret? We've put together a collection of meatless mains that are hearty enough to win over meat-eaters and vegetarians alike (just make sure everyone knows you have first dibs).
Get the Recipes!
- Baked Kale-Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Ultra-Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
- Rigatoni with Mushroom Ragu, Fresh Mozzarella, and Truffle
- Pâtes aux Cêpes (Tagliatelle with Porcini Mushrooms and Crème Fraîche)
- Camargue Red Rice Salad
- Easy Awesome Eggplant Tian
- Swiss Chard, Fennel, and White Bean Gratin
- Skillet Kale and Pumpkin Pasta
- Vegetarian Maqluba (Rice Layered With Tomatoes, Eggplant, and Cauliflower)
- Parisian Gnocchi Soufflé
- Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Beet Green and Radish Green Pesto Pasta with Roasted Beets and Radishes
- Crunchy Cauliflower Casserole
- Fainting Imam (Turkish Baked Stuffed Eggplant)
- Stuffed Roasted Poblano Peppers with Cashew-Chipotle Sauce
- Mushroom and Root Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
- Zucchini Parmesan
- Sweet Potato and Mushroom Cannelloni with Braised Escarole and Butter Beans (Vegan)
- The Best Vegetarian Bean Chili
- Vegan: Garbanzos con Espinacas y Jengibre (Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Stew with Ginger)
- Vegan Black Bean and Squash Chili
About the author: Cleo von Siebenthal is an Editorial Intern at Serious Eats who is convinced that she will one day own a chocolate factory.