13 Sweet Potato Sides for Thanksgiving
Sweet potatoes are a key element of any Thanksgiving meal, but all too often, they take the form of an overly sweet casserole with marshmallows and excessive sugar, obscuring the vegetable's subtle, earthy sweetness. Here are 13 hearty sides to do that flavor justice!
- Grilled Sweet Potato and Corn Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chutney Vinaigrette
- Grilled Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
- Brown Butter and Sage Sweet Potato Casserole
- Carrot and Sweet Potato Mash
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- The Best Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Couscous with Sweet Potato Puree and Kale Chips
- Sweet Potato Biscuits With Jalapeño Butter
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Sweet Potato, Eggplant, and Spinach Madras Curry
- Sweet Potato Leek Soup
About the author: Ben Jay is an editorial intern at Serious Eats, photographer, carnivore, beer and whisky drinker, and music nerd. He has never had turducken and would like to change that. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram.