10 Winter Squash Sides for Thanksgiving
Autumn feasts—no matter the occasion—are never quite complete without squash. Whether orange, yellow, or green, winter squash finds its way into warming stews, rich roasts, or simple sautés. Here are ten ways to dress 'em up for your Thanksgiving table. Jump to one below or click through the slideshow for more inspiration.
- Acorn Squash Crostini with Crispy Bacon and Sage
- Spaghetti Squash with Sausage, Kale, and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Butternut Squash and Sage Cream Sauce
- Couscous with Crispy Pancetta and Butternut Squash
- Shredded Squash and Herb Frittata
- Baked Kale-Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Butternut Squash Baked Risotto
- Balsamic Glazed Acorn Squash with Shallots and Rosemary
- Acorn Squash with Asiago and Sage
- Roasted Squash with Rajas, Cumin, and Crema
About the author:Lily Chin is an Editorial Intern at Serious Eats, urban gardener and a staff writer at Real Cheap Eats. Follow her adventures in food and photography on her personal blog and on Instagram avocadolilyHQ.