A Hamburger Today
10 Seasonal Gratins, Casseroles, and Sides for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
Sick of the same traditional sides every Thanksgiving? Think outside the green beans and sweet potatoes with one of these 10 seasonal sides—we think they'll fit right in! Jump straight to one of the recipes below or click through the slideshow for more inspiration.
Get the Recipes!
- Sicilian-Style Broccoli Rabe with Eggplant and Capers
- Gingery Glazed Carrots
- Braised Napa Cabbage with Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
- Swiss Chard, Fennel, and White Bean Gratin
- Crunchy Cauliflower Casserole
- Macaroni and Cheese with Chickpeas and Spinach
- Braised Kale with Caramelized Onions, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese
- Old-Style Mustard and Rosemary Asparagus
- Butter Beans with Kale and Eggs
- Crispy Creamy Fennel Gratin
- Kale and Cabbage Gratin
About the author: Rémy Robert is an editorial intern at Serious Eats and recent graduate of Brown University. She's a diehard New Orleanian and makes a point to start each day with a bite of chocolate.