Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Best Sautéed Broccoli Rabe Is Overcooked Broccoli Rabe