Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?