Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew