Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin